Link to Distant Cousins
Obituaries - NJ - 1901 - Archibald S. Minton
Death From A Scratch
Archibald S. Minton of Fair Haven Dies of Blood Poisoning
Archibald S. Minton of Fair Haven died on Sunday afternoon of blood poisoning, caused by a scratch. Mr. Minton was engaged in the fish business. About two weeks ago he scratched his hand on a piece of zinc which lined a fish box which he carried in his wagon. The scratch was so slight that no attention was paid to the injury until two days afterward, when his hand began to swell. Dr. A. A. Armstrong was summoned but he found that blood poisoning had set in. Mr. Minton at once took to his bed and though every effort was made to relieve him he grew steadily worse. He suffered terribly at times and death came as a relief.
Mr. Minton was the son of Mary Ann and William Minton. He made his home with his brother, John Minton of Fair Haven. Had Mr. Minton lived until the twentieth day of November he would have been 51 years old. He leaves a sister and three brothers. They are Mrs. William Parker of Red Bank, and William, Robert and John Minton of Fair Haven. The funeral was held yesterday at two o'clock at the house. Rev. John L. Watson officiated and the body was buried at Little Silver.
(Per Death Notice Mr. Minton was aged 50 years, 11 months and 29 days.)
Source: Red Bank Register, Wednesday, Oct 2, 1901
Some additional excellent resources for your research are:
Thank you for visiting our site.
Please do come back again.
And remember, we are all Distant Cousins
Link to DistantCousin.com
Back to Home Page