Holmanville Mormon Church Cemetery - Jackson Township, Ocean County, NJ
The Holmanville Mormon Church Cemetery, East Veterans Hwy., Jackson, Jackson
Township, Ocean County, NJ. Located about 10 yards behind the Faith Bible
Church (non-denominational) in Holmanville is a small cemetery measuring
about 50 ft by 100 ft. The cemetery was started when the church was occupied
by a Mormon Congregation prior to 1900 and which later changed to a
Presbyterian church before becoming a non-denominational church. There are
exactly seven stone markers all in good condition with one whitemarble stone
broken. The following list was transcribed by Trevor Kirkpatrick July 2001:
- Almond L. Clark born June 27,1842 died October 31,1871. Civil War vetran
- Bela Darrow 1800-1874
Martha Hotchkiss Darrow 1806-1869, daughter of Ladwick and Anna Martha
(Willard) Hotchkiss, born March 18,1806 Amber, Onondaga County, NY died
February 4,1869 and wife of Bela Darrow.
D. Brainerd Darrow 1831-1908
Prudence Whitney Darrow 1837-1918, daughter of Ira Whitney and wife of D.
Brainerd Darrow, born Marcellus, Onondaga County, NY.
Footstones: "BD", "MHD", "DBD", "PWD"
- Susan M. Foster died October 11,1885 aged 70 years.
- Francis M. Todd August 4,1839- November 18,1898
Hattie M. Todd June 6,1842- October 15,1894
- Mary L. Staniford 1854-1932, daughter of Daniel T. and Emma D. Staniford.
- Harriet C., wife of Julius Foster died May 3,1883 aged 26 years.
Hattie infant daughter of same died July 22,1883
"Awaiting the resurrection"
Footstone: "HCF, HF"
Harriet Chapple Staniford, daughter of Daniel T. and Emma D. Staniford
and wife of
Julius Foster of Whitesville, Jackson Township, Monmouth County, NJ.
- Daniel T. Staniford August 6,1825- November 26,1901
Emma D., his wife October 9,1828- July 20,1877
Footstones: "Mother" "Father"